York’s MFA thesis films, installations and new media works embrace a diverse spectrum of documentary, experimental, activist and fictional idioms, and have won prizes at such festivals as TIFF, Hot Docs, Inside Out, Sundance and Images. Our equipment and production resources include:
- 3 Red Camera packages;
- a full spectrum of HD, DSLR, digital and 16mm Arri and Bolex cameras;
- lighting and grip equipment for every scale and style of production;
- 3 production studios with lighting grids;
- 2 HDcam online/colour grading suites;
- 2 stereo mixing theatres and foley recording studio;
- dedicated Avid, Final Cut and Pro Tools edit suites for grad students.
In-kind grants from downtown industry partners provide state-of-the-art access to equipment, lab services and colour grading services. Production courses are augmented by intensive technical and creative workshops in production and post-production methods and issues.